Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Monday, July 28, 2008

WE AREW HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! After 32 hours of traveling we are finally home! We got stuck in Newark for about 10 hours and then they were on the verge of cancelling our flight. Bad weather... Anyway, I was so thankful that we were able to make it home because I was going to loose my mind! I didn't think that I would ever sit on an airport floor much less lay on it, but I did. I was so tired and both Shannon and I had been up about 32hours by the time we made it home. I almost kissed the dude in security getting off the plane, but I thought that may be a bit over the top. And I am sure he wouldn't have appreciated that. So I refrained. I almost kissed the ground in Charleston but again refrained. I didn't care for flying too much if you can tell and I was so glad to be home! Norah was awesome on the way home and she held up much better than I did on that long flight home!
When we pulled into the Charleston airport I was already in tears and was just overjoyed that I would be seeing Elias in just a few minutes! We got off the plane and that is when I saw this group of people and flashes going off. Our family and friends... such a beautiful sight! I am so glad that everyone came to welcome us home and it was go good to have both of my babies in my arms! Elias looked soooo big! I could not believe how much he had grown in 2 weeks! I was sort of nervous how he would react with Norah but that was a sight in itself.
He saw her and just melted. Honestly. He just kissed on her and he was so incredibly sweet with her. And she was just as smitten by him. She really showed her cute personality with everyone and was blowing kisses and even walking! She thought Elias was just the coolest and I think that feeling for him was mutual. We put her in her carseat for the first time and WOW! She did not like it! She was screaming her little face off and Elias was so worried about her that he started crying. He didnt understand that she had never been in a carseat before. Once he understood what was going on he was okay. But he was in the backseat trying to make her laugh and he was rubbing her arm and trying to make her calm. I too was trying to console but that was sort of hard from the back seat. She slept very well that night and we all finally woke about 10am.
She has done so well and her and Elias are so funny together. He kisses her head every night before bed and always tells her how much he loves her. We were on the floor this morning playing and he said, "Mom, if Norah didn't join our family we would have been so sad forever." He is such a cool kid. I am so glad to be home and have both of my babies here too. My cup truly runneth over.

6 comments:

wingepr said...

so glad its gonig well! What a long trip home.

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!

Janet said...

Lovely to hear you are home safely and that Elias is so sweet with his new sister :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

Pen, I am so happy y'all made it home safely. Norah is adorable. I can't wait to see pics of her and Elias together. I miss you lots. Hopefully I will be able to make it to Charleston before too long and meet her. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. Please keep posting on the blog for us out of towners. I love ya, Kerri

Our Precious Treasure said...

Welcome home, Penny!

Too bad I didn't know you were stuck in Newark, maybe I could have driven up there to meet you and Norah. (I don't remember any severe weather this past weekend.....heavy rain, I guess? Or was the bad weather somewhere else?)

Stacey

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for sharing your journey. What a treasure this will be for Norah to enjoy as she grows older. Blessings as you begin the new chapter in your family's life.
God bless,
Teresa

Mac said...

Pen,

Yeah! You're home:) I'm so glad things are going well for you guys. I can't wait to see pics(hint, hint).