Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Thursday, July 10, 2008

The countdown is on....





Well, in 9 hours and 30 minutes we will be on our way to China. I can't believe that I am really typing that! WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO GET OUR DAUGHTER!!!!!!! We have dreamed, planned and prayed for this day for so long and now it is finally coming true! But that joy comes with a price. And that is leaving Elias behind. I did really good until mom came to pick him up. Then I lost it. The last time I cried with my mom was when I came to her about wanting to adopt from China and my heart was just aching for a little girl that needed me as much as I needed her. And now these were tears of joy and sadness that were falling down my cheeks. We spent a really great day with Elias. We went to the pool for a while and came home and took a family nap. What a good snuggler he is! We got up and he chose to go to Logan's for dinner. At dinner I asked him what he would like for us to bring him back from China and he said, "Momma, just bring Norah home please." Well, I admit that I did get a bit teary. I held it back since we were in the middle of the restaraunt. But when mom and I were standing in the living room, I just sobbed and sobbed so sad that I would be without my shadow for 2 weeks. He was oblivious of it all and sat on the computer playing his video games. I will miss that little squirt and my heart will not rest until we are home and both of my kids are in my arms. I hope that I will be enough for them and I hope that they will be happy with each other. He is going to be such an amazing big brother. Mom called me shortly after they drove out of the neighborhood and told me that Elias said... "Nana, now we FINALLY get some alone time! I am on vacation for 2 weeks!!!" I felt so much better :)
So the next time we will post it will be from our hotel in Hong Kong!!! Have a good day all!
For those of you that called, emailed, myspaced, and texted... thank you. I know that I forgot to call a few people back and I am so sorry. I hope all of you have a great 2 weeks... I know we will! Until then my friends, peace and love to you all!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Have a safe and speedy journey to your lovely little girl :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

lara said...

Hoping you have a fantastic trip, i know you will.
And you still have us wondering what your suprise was?
Lara x

Anonymous said...

i love you, pen...and i miss you like bananas (thank you, gwen stefani!). Elias called me today just to chat, and man, that about tugged on my heart. He's gotten SO big!!!

anyway...i'm going through withdrawals. please let me know when you make it there. Again, i deserve at least one 5 minute call after you get our lady bug, and be sure to lick her face for me (YOU STOLE MY MOVE!! :)

i love you, anam cara.

ac

Rob,Dawn,Catherine and Iain and Maura said...

Embrace everyday you can spend in your daughter's homeland. It is truly a land of beauty.Have a safe and joyful trip. Love Dawn xxxx