Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nanchang SWI

Yesterday we were also able to visit Norah's home for the last year. It was a very important day for me because now I will be able to tell her about her life before us. Evelyn arranged the visit with the director, who also was the lady that placed Norah in my arms. We went by taxi - which was an experience in itself- and it took about 10 minutes from our hotel to get there. I was so in awe of everything I saw and experienced. First we went to the kindergarten room. There were about 8 kids in there singing and playing. They were so happy to see us and came over to talk to us and touch us. They were precious and I am already thinking in my mind how quickly I can do paperwork again.
We then went to Norah's room. Remember the pictures that I got from the yahoo group of Norah when she is about 6 months old? This is the same room that we went into. It was pretty big and all of the babies were on the floor with the nannies. The director told the nannies that I was LanPing's mama and they all got huge smiles on their faces and came over to greet me. I got to meet her nanny (if you remember she is the one that took pics with her that we recently got). I got a picture with her and also got to show her pictures on my digital camera that we have taken these past few days. She kept saying, Oh! And she would point and turn around and talk to the other nannies. When we would come to the ones of her smiling, she would say "Oh" again and she had tears in her eyes. She kept touching my shoulder and saying "thank you". I really wanted to say, no thank you! I was able to tell her through Evelyn that I was so greatful to her for taking such good care of Norah and that she will be happy with her new life and I would never let her forget her or where she came from. It was very very special to me!
I also saw the little boy that she was good friends with. I also showed him the pics of Norah and he would look at me and then touch the camera.
It was amazing.
We also got to see where she was left that July morning. Shannon and I have decided that we will show those pictures to Norah when she gets a bit older and let her decide if she wants to share that part of her story.
She is such a strong little girl who has overcome so much in her short life. We are so proud and honored to call her our daughter.









4 comments:

Rene S said...

Hey Pen!!! Im so happy to see that you did get to go see where Norah has called home thus far, I known how important that was for you! I wanted to thank you for your amazing blogs, the way you describe things; it's like Im there in China with you guys. God Bless and MUCH LOVE!! xoxo Rene

Teresa said...

You are soooo lucky to have been able to see Norah's first home. Not many adoptive parents have that opportunity. What a witness you will have to share as she grows older. Take lots of pictures, she will treasure them forever.

Thanks for all the informative blogs. You providing an insight which will certainly help others understand the beauty of not only China, but also the adoption process!
God bless, ths

Janet said...

Wow, what an amazing experience you'll be able to share with Norah as she grows up. I've also heard how helpful it can be to the children to see that their former nannies are happy that they are in their new families.
Love
Janet
xxx

wingepr said...

Pen
glad things are going well. I think its awesome you are going back. I read somewhere b/c of the wait, you do not have to wait to submit dossier. There is a lady who is submitted her MCC after three months being home.

Peg