Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pictures...

I just wanted to share a bit of good news. I went to a place here on the island and got the camera developed that I sent to Norah in her care package. I could hardly believe my eyes. There were so many great pictures of her and of her life there. She seemed like a very well loved little girl! In several of the photos her nanny is showing her our photo album and in several of the photos she is wearing the outfit that we sent her. But the best picture of all was her laying in her crib wrapped in the blanket that we sent. She is looking at the photo album that we sent her. I wonder if she was thinking of us like we were thinking of her...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon & Penny,

I have to tell you that I learned of your story through Valerie Wright and I went all the way back to the beginning and read through all of these and laughed and cried and laughed some more and cried even harder (I am so overwhelmed with emotion, I apologize for this run on sentence). You have opened my eyes to a whole new world.

The love that you had for this little girl before you even knew her is amazing and you both are an inspiration to me.

I realize that you do not know me very well (we have met a few times), but as soon as I see that Shannon has returned to work I will be sending something special through Hurshel to your beautiful Little Norah.

I wish you all the best! And Norah I hope your Mommy prints all of her blogs and puts them in a book for you so you can see all the events that led up to your homecoming!

God Bless Your Beautiful Family,
Kirstin Tanner (Hurshel's Wife)

P.S. I love all of your little posts that you write for Elias he has to see how much you both miss him! I hope you take lots of pictures of him meeting Norah for the first time, because he is going to fall in love at first sight!

Anonymous said...

God sure did answer every one of your prayers (and hers). Now you know that she was loved and valued from the start, and I'm sure after meeting you, her caregivers know that she will be loved and valued for the remainder of her life.

i love you, pen, and I can't wait to meet "our" little girl.

ilyac

p.s. can't wait for you to see my picture. ;)