Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Sunday, July 20, 2008

Red Couch Pictures

Today we had the Red Couch pictures. When adoptive families come to GZ, it is a tradition that everyone in the travel group take pictures at the red couch. The red couch is at the White Swan hotel close to the Victory where we are staying. Very nice hotel!! So everyone buys traditional Chinese outfits for the kids and piles them all onto the red couch for a pictures. Now I was really unsure how Norah would do because she is pretty much stuck to me like glue. She did pretty well though! There are also pictures of the Butterworth family (Jim, Shannon, Grace, Ashley and Brooke) and the Swank family (Denise, Ryan, Emma, Jenna and Julia) in here for your viewing pleasure as well as individual shots of Ryan and Grace - who in my opinion are the nicest looking kids in China! So enjoy!


















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's surreal, pen, to finally see her sitting on that couch. :) I know this signals that you all will be coming home soon and I can't tell you how excited that makes us on this side of the world.

I love you, Pen. Norah is beautiful; the pics are beautiful. I can't wait to see that baby!!

ilyac

lara said...

What beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet momma!! These pics are precious!!! She is such a doll! She looks so happy and its because she knows what great parents and family she has. Enjoy the rest of your time there and I cant wait to meet her! xoxo Rene

Stuart said...

Just getting ready to start another memory-filled day!What are doing today, visiting the Premier or something else mundane? It is going to be hard to top with you have done so far.
Some words in the English language are overused- but participating in that tradition with the other families with the other children is absolutely priceless! I thought the traditional Chinese clothing on the kids was great. Seeing the country, where Norah was from, being with the other families is, getting a small taste of Chinese life,is well, priceless.
Keep the posts and pictures coming. Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience and time with us.

Stuart

Our Precious Treasure said...

Hi Penny,

Of all the red couches in the White Swan, I'm pretty certain from your pictures that you chose the same exact one we did for Fia and our group!

I'm wondering about Norah's jewelry. Did you buy it for her? It's darling!

Stacey

Hawleywood said...

She's beautiful!!! We can't wait to meet her! Love you guys and see you soon!!

-Nick & Jess

Anonymous said...

Awww. Very cute. I wish you had pictures of Shannon in one of those little red outfits though....


Johnny O

wingepr said...

I seen her visa pic on denise's blog, she did not look happy at all!

Hope you guys are having a great time.

You'll be home before you know it.

Did I say how beautiful she is.

Peg

Claire said...

I can not begin to imagine your joy. I am praying for your whole family. I know you can't wait to get home to, let Norah meet her big brother. Maybe that will help with her adjusting. How old is Norah, it may be in here somewhere I just may have not gotten there yet. Best wishes and CONGRATULATIONS!

Claire

Anonymous said...

awww, claire posted. :) remember her, pen?