Wednesday, December 27, 2006
I finally got another digital camera today from my mom and dad in-law! I am so happy! I had to put "precious" (Digital Camera #1) down a few months ago and haven't been the same since! Now I have "Precious #2"! I took some pictures of our daughters clothes and little things that we have gotten along the way and thought I would share them! Hope that you all had a great Christmas!
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Friday, December 15, 2006
Well, after a panicked phone call, a call to my mom in sheer agony, a phone call to my agency and a call to the Big Man Upstairs, I think we are okay as far as the regulations go! I was beginning to freak just a bit. This is one amazing rollercoaster ride, I'll tell ya that! But it's one that I wouldn't get off of for a million dollars... (then again for a million dollars, we could get back in line for 2 more baby girls!) I have attached a few pictures for your viewing pleasure :) Peace and Love!
*Not sure why the pictures on the side is sideways, but I can't fix it!! UGH!!!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
* Beginning 1/1/07 the CCAA is raising its service fee. * No big deal... it's just money right. ugh
* No single dossiers accepted after 5/1/07 * Happily Married - out of this one!
* Changes to the waiting child program *
* weight restriction - * I think we are okay on this one too
* substance abust * None of that stuff for us!
* health problems * Thank God we are all healthy!
* minimum net worth requirements ($80,000.00 NET WORTH!!!!!!) Wow! I am not sure what to think about this! I don't know if we have $80,000.00 net worth!
So here we have it. I emailed my agency tonight at work and asked them what was going on. I don't want to spend all of this money and have all of our paperwork sent to China and then be rejected! That is too too much on the old ticker! Not to mention the wait is expected to increase to 24 months here shortly. Ugh. Is it so wrong to want another baby????? I just don't know what to think about all of this really. I will post more when I hear back from my agency. I can't talk about it anymore.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Elias was in my friend Celeste's wedding in October. I went to college with Celeste, and Elias and I were in her wedding. He was soooo cute, although he didn't make it very long in the wedding! Elias was the ring bearer and Celeste's neice Taylor was the flowergirl.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
For the past few days, Elias has been referring to his baby sister as MiMi. Not Choppen-Sticks, not Gracelin, not even baby. I asked him how came up with that name and he said, "Actually(his new word of the week), mom, that's her name." At the time I paid no attention to it what-so-ever. Tonight I was at work looking at a few things on the computer and came across the Chinese name for little sister. It's "Mei-Mei" Pretty cute, huh?
Monday, August 21, 2006
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
1. DSS Form to complete a Child Protective Services Clearance
2. Medical Report that has to be completed by a DR for all three of us.
3. Financial report (uh-oh)
4. Copies of tax records for past 3 years
5. An Autobiography each (20ish pages)
6. Reference Release
7. SLED Clearance
8. Copies of Birth Certs for everyone in the home
9. Copy of Marriage License
10. Discharge papers for Shannon getting out of the Army
11. Health Insurance Verification
12. Copy of Drivers License
13. Dimensions of Gracelin's bedroom
14. Photo of our Mugs
Phew.. I'm exhausted just typing it! And this is just for the homestudy. Multiply that by about 10 for our Dossier. Anyway, that's what I have been busy with? How bout ya'll. How have you been???
Peace and Love....
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
The Sharps 3 :)
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
We were leaving to go to Target tonight and Elias found this really cool rock by the mail box. He is into this "rock dellecting" thing these days and has maybe 6 or 7 rocks in his bedroom on the dresser. Well, he found this really cool rock that was round, maybe the size or a bit bigger than a popcorn kernel. Shannon told Elias that he didn't think it would be a good idea to take the rock to Target because it was such a cool rock, and someone may take it. What he was REALLY trying to say was please don't bring this rock in the car because it will get stuck in the vacuum next week. Anyway, we are almost in the parking lot at Target and Elias pipes up from the back, "Hey mom and dad, we have a problem back here." I turn around and he has this rock stuck up his nose! I laughed so hard that I had a hard time taking control of this situation and was unable to stop Shannon from almost taking a stroke. We whip into the parking lot and both Shannon and I jump out of the car and open the back doors to get this ROCK out of his nose. I put my finger again the nostril that is minus the rock and tell him to blow really hard. This little rock comes shooting out of his nose and lands on the floor board. I do not pick it up at this time because Elias realized the situation and started crying because he had a rock booger. I got a huge laugh out of this, but my husband nor my son found it amusing at all. It's the first time that Elias has done something silly like that, but I'm sure it won't be the last! Peace and Love!
Swept Away By Geoff Moore :) I hope I spelled that right!
We would say your name a hundred times a day
Like speaking words in faith.
With a mixture of hope and fear and love.
We prayed for strength to wait.
And dreamed of how you'd feel the day
You'd be in our arms
And swept away, caught up in our love
Home to stay, you'll never be alone.
You'll be amazed at how much you are loved
When you're swept away.
What once was just dream is reaching out to me
I hold her in my arms.
Lord, thank you for the way you held her all those days
That we had to be apart.
And now I see the possible dream is holding me
And I'm swept away caught up in your love
Home to stay, I'll never be alone
I'm amazed at how much I am love
Our lives will never be the same
I've been swept away.
Sunday, July 23, 2006
I bought the National Geographic DVD "China's Lost Daughter's" and he wants to watch that everyday. He knows that his sister will not look like him, but he does know now what Chinese people look like. He put two and two together with the people at the restraunt, and his favorite thing at the restaurant and there you have Choppen-sticks.
Rest assured, that is not her name. I just thought that was so precious and had to share!
1. An amazing husband that understands me inside and out and loves me just the same.
2. A smart 4 year old son that makes me smile and reassures my feelings everyday that we are doing the right thing by bringing his sister "choppen-sticks" home. (story to follow)
3. Unbelievable friends that stand right beside me through fire, rain and sun. They are so ready for their baby girl to come home.
4. Jobs that allow the flexibility for both me and my husband to get things done for this adoption!
5. A nice house and a stinky unruly dog. (ugh)
6. A family that is so supportive through this whole process. I am just amazed at their certainty that our daughter will be a part of our family and that they are doing everything in their power to help bring her home. I am forever thankful that I am a part of this family and I know that our daughter is so blessed to be a part of this family as well.
7. A God that loves me enough to place in my heart a desire to adopt. He has big plans for our family and I am so thankful that I was able to listen and obey even through the darkest of days with trying to get pregnant. I am thankful for a son that is nothing short of a medical miracle, and again, thankful for a God that loves me enough to give me the desires of my heart. He did it then, and I know He will do it again!
We can't wait to see you baby girl! You have a great big world over here and it is just waiting for you!
Monday, June 26, 2006
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Sunday, June 11, 2006
My name is Penny and this is my adorable husband Shannon. We have been married for 51/2 years now and we have a beautiful 4 year old son. We live in "The Holy City" aka Charleston, SC.
We are in the beginning phase of adopting a daughter from China. We don't know how she is yet, in fact I am pretty sure she hasn't even been born! It will take us probably a year and a half to two years until she is home. That's okay though, I know it will be worth the wait! We are all very excited to be embarking on this journey and we hope that you will join us! I have to admit up front that it may take me a while to get used to this whole blogging thing! I'm kind of computer illiterate! But I will do my best to keep you all update with the latest and greatest! Until next time... Peace and Love to all!