Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Tuesday, December 12, 2006

And the Rollercoaster continues....

Well, the CCAA set down some pretty tough ground rules the other day that just might push Shannon and I right out of the wait. Among them....
* Beginning 1/1/07 the CCAA is raising its service fee. * No big deal... it's just money right. ugh
* No single dossiers accepted after 5/1/07 * Happily Married - out of this one!
* Changes to the waiting child program *
* weight restriction - * I think we are okay on this one too
* substance abust * None of that stuff for us!
* health problems * Thank God we are all healthy!
* minimum net worth requirements ($80,000.00 NET WORTH!!!!!!) Wow! I am not sure what to think about this! I don't know if we have $80,000.00 net worth!

So here we have it. I emailed my agency tonight at work and asked them what was going on. I don't want to spend all of this money and have all of our paperwork sent to China and then be rejected! That is too too much on the old ticker! Not to mention the wait is expected to increase to 24 months here shortly. Ugh. Is it so wrong to want another baby????? I just don't know what to think about all of this really. I will post more when I hear back from my agency. I can't talk about it anymore.

2 comments:

lara said...

I am with you on this we will be hit by the age thing DH is going to be 50 next year , and i have to get my BMI down , not that it would hurt me at all but it is just another thing to hold us back.
We will go the SN route and i will lose the weight i have 4 months to do it
Good luck to you ,
I think insurance is included in your net worth too.

Anonymous said...

Pen, your house is worth double that. Isn't that included in your net worth?

Why am I finding out about this sad stuff here? :(

I LOVE YOU!!
AC