Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Thankful

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I know that it isn't Thanksgiving... yet. But I just feel really blessed and wanted to share all of the things that I am thankful for. Some silly, some not so much so. So here goes:
  • I am thankful for my amazing husband. Not just some days, but everyday. He is the love of my life.
  • I am thankful for Elias. Even on the days that he makes me want to rip the hair out of my head and jump off the nearest HIGH bridge. He is smart, he is cute, he is healthy and he is happy.
  • I am thankful for our house even though it is right on top of the neighbors and there are no trees for a 5 mile radius. I am thankful that we have a roof (a new roof) over our heads and a warm place to sleep.
  • I am thankful for my family. They are the glue that keeps this crazy head together.
  • I am thankful for my mom. For those of you that have met her, I don't need to explain. For those of you that don't know her, you are really missing out :)
  • I am thankful for my sister. We are 13 years apart and seem to be best friends despite our age difference. She is beautiful, full of life and love, and has the most amazing heart of anyone I know.
  • I am thankful that I have a job that I love.
  • I am thankful that my husband has a job that he loves.
  • I am thankful that our dog has finally shaped up so we don't have to give her away. Little Lucy Goosey is such a neat part of our family.
  • I am thankful that we make enough money to pay our bills, even if we don't have much left over....
  • I am thankful that my family is healthy.
  • I am thankful for all of the friends that I have met this past year and years before, and I am especially thankful for my Anam Cara..."You see the smile that's on my mouth~Is hiding the words that don't come out~And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed~They don't know my head is a mess~No, they don't know who I really am~And they don't know what I've been through like you do."
  • I am thankful that I drive a pretty cool car... although I just had to put a battery in it a few days ago and it is going to need new tires soon...
  • I am thankful for all of the things that I went through, because I am really enjoying who I am today
  • I am thankful that God prepared my heart a while ago to adopt from China. Had he not done that, I feel quite sure that I would have suffered a broken heart for the rest of my life not being able to carry more children. He has such a good plan for my life.
  • I am thankful that our daughter will be home with us one day and I am also thankful to the people that are taking care of her right now.

It is amazing to me that one heartbreak will turn into happiness. I have so much to say and maybe one day I will brave enough to write it all down. But I know that God is good. All the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i never thought that vickie's talk at camp would lead us to where we are now. i love you. you see what doesn't come out; i love seeing that in you, too.

you are my one true thing.
ac

Anonymous said...

by the way, norah is so lucky to have you as a mom. i can't wait to watch you (all of us) raise her to be like you.

i love you.