Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Anam Cara...



There is someone that has been in my life for going on 20 years now. She has been with me through thick and thin. A pregnancy and the moment they told me I would never have anymore. The first person I told when we would be adopting from China. My biggest cheerleader and my crying shoulder. I love her more than air, mexican food, Starbucks Caramel Fraps, long tubbies, and mom's sweet tea. I am so blessed. Blessed to have her in my life. Blessed to have grown up with her and given the chance to grow old with her. The first time I met her I didn't like her. She was wearing a two piece bathing suit at church camp and at 14 there was so much to be jealous of not to mention the insecurites. We learned about the birds and bees from the camp counselor and we have been inseperable ever since. She has been the biggest support for bringing Norah home and wants her here as badly as we do. I could never imagine me without her and her without me. I love her boys like they are my own flesh and blood. I love her husband like a brother. We all grew up together. She mails things to Norah just to help me keep this dream alive and have some peace in my heart. I could never repay... I am forever indebt.
My Anam Cara.... My Soul Friend...

This is a message that I got a few days ago. Now you can see why she is simply incredible and a joy to my heart:

you are my other half.
you're the one that gets it (and by "it" i mean me)
my steady in marriages, births, and loss.
through hell and highwater, you've walked with me.
you're my touchstone, emma.
you're a miss america smile when i need it.
my music guru.
the only person i am not offended by when i am scooped.
you're my "give these to my mother" when i want a laugh.
you remind me to love myself, and i love you for that.
you're "aunt penny" to my babies.
you're the one i'd walk the earth for (but since my thighs rub together, i'll just fly to china. :)
the happiest part of my childhood
the best friend i could ever ask for now
and the prettiest old hand i'll hold when we're old

you're one of the best parts of me. you're my anam cara.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( what would i do without you? :( i love you!

you're amazing; i got the best end of the deal.

ac

Anonymous said...

:) ...and when you said i was 14 in a 2 piece with soooo much to be jealous of....were you talking about my boobs? ...cause they were HUGE back then. :)

i love you, pen.
ac

wingepr said...

Penny
How lucky you and her are to have that bond!!!!! You two look like sisters.

Peg