Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's been a while...

Yes, I know. It has been a while! We have been a busy bunch!
I took a few pics of Norah today since she was in an incredibly good mood and she was just as happy to be in front of the camera. She is such a ham when she wants to be!
Things are just getting better and better with her. She has been having a really hard time with her tummy. After several trips to the peds office, we are now going to see a GI doctor tomorrow. I cannot wait to finally get everything straight with her. I know that she is in so much pain sometimes, and after the 15 minute scream fest yesterday that ended with her shaking and pulling her hair we are going to the doctor tomorrow. I will keep you posted on that situation.

Her appetite is not as good as it was when we got home, although I expected that. We try to keep cheerios or goldfish out so she can "graze" and that has really helped with her stressing out anytime food is concerned. She is still taking one bottle a day (night usually) and she sleeps very well! She is down for a nap right now, and those usually last about 3 hours... I'm lucky... I know!

Her personality is coming out day by day and as the minutes go by I fall more and more in love with that child. She is surely a blessing to us and to everyone she meets. She was placed in our family for a reason and I couldn't imagine a day without her. Both of my kids are amazing, and if you don't believe me ask their dad! :) Norah has turned into quite the daddies girl. Her little eyes light up when she sees him. She runs to the door squealing when he comes home. It is precious. I am so glad they have finally connected. It was really hard in China because she wanted nothing to do with him. But now... She is her daddies girl for sure.

Elias is doing awesome! He has learned about recycling in school so we are now a recycling family. We should have done it sooner, I know. But there is nothing like a 6 year old telling you to get a move on. He is incredibly smart and funny! Football season is over for him but I know that he is very much looking forward to playing next year.

I gave him the Toy's R Us big toy book that came with the Sunday paper. I told him to circle some things that he might want Santa to bring him this Christmas. Of course, every toy that a little boy might dream of was circled. But as I looked closer, there was girl stuff circled to. And I noticed that within that circle he wrote an "N"... for Norah. What a sweet little boy he is. So very kind and precious to my heart.

My kids are amazing, and I really dread the day they grow up and move out. We have so much fun when we are all together.

Here are some pics that I took of Norah today! Enjoy! :)















5 comments:

wingepr said...

OMG she just keeps getting cuter.

Kristin said...

Oh how sweet is she?!! Beautiful pictures!!

And what a wonderful big brother to think about his sister for Santa. :-)

Janet said...

Hi Penny,
Glad to hear that things are improving :-) Elias is such a sweetie to choose Christmas presents for Norah as well as himself, what a great big brother :-) And the pictures of Norah are adorable :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

ww said...

Love those photos of Norah and Elias is such a thoughtful big brother! Blessings, Wendy

groovy mama said...

Okay , so i am commenting on an old post, but i really think that your Norah and my girl, who we just adopted look very similar...same facial chacerters....just wanted to share! Pop on over to my blog and check her out!

how old is your little one? Ours is 16 months!

But what a cutie you have!
Donna