Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Thursday, October 23, 2008

I do want to let everyone know that we are alive and well apologize for not posting as often as I would like. I have every intention of putting pictures on here, but honestly by the time I get around to it I am pretty exhausted! Life with a 6 year old and an almost 2 year old, work, football, homework, and wifery and I am pooped! I wouldn't trade it for the world though! So where should I begin....

Elias is doing awesome in first grade! He loves his teacher and is doing well academically. He comes home and talks about stars and the moon, does math like nobody's business, and is eating us out of house and home. His football season is over on Saturday and I know that he is already looking forward to next years season! He has the most amazing personality and says the funniest things! He is an old soul. He loves having a baby sister and on most days they get along. He torments her and takes her yaya (blanket) on a daily basis, but he will defend her at a seconds notice. He told me the other daym, "Momma, I hope that we never give Norah back. She is just the cutest little thing!" Like giving her back was an option. He gets very concerned when she cries, and tunes her out when she screeches. He is a great kid.

Norah is getting better and better everyday. For a few weeks there it was pretty rough, I'm not going to lie. I thought for sure the attachment wasn't happening for us. I was getting stressed out and I felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. There were a few days that I cried... alot. Then it seemed overnight she was the same little girl that was making so much progress again. We have had a fabulous last few days and everyday it is a step in the right direction. I know that she was probably mourning a bit those few weeks. She just wasn't herself and seemed so irratated. But just as quickly as it came, it left. She is such an amazing child. And funny! Her personality is so much like Elias. THIS is going to be fun! She loves to help me clean the house and is so funny when you give her "jobs". Anything that goes into the trash can usually gets there by way of her. She is telling me now when she goes #1 in her diaper. She will get a diaper and lay down in front of me and throw her legs up in the air. She HATES poopy diapers and usually puts a quickness behind the diaper change. I am thinking that she is too little to potty train! Do they even have panties that small???
I love my life. I love my friends and family. I am thankful that I have a job and a roof over my head. We may live paycheck to paycheck but we have an over abundance of love and memories to keep us warm. I am thankful for the gifts that I have been given, large and small. I am thankful I haven't had to work at loving Shannon. We just mesh. I am comfortable in his arms each day.
I am thankful for His grace and for trusting me with these two beautiful children. I will forever be greatful that he chose me to be their momma.

No comments: