Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First Care Package!!!



Here is Norah's first care package that I will mail out tomorrow! I am so excited about this! It just makes my heart feel so good to know that she will have that blanket and her baby :) We actually slept with that blanket for about four days so that it would have our smell on it :) I sprayed it with the "girly-girl" smell that Elias loves so much (Victoria's Secret Amber Romance) and then fluffed it up in the dryer for a few. We also sent her nannies some chocolate with a label on it in Chinese that says "for your nannies". We sent smarties and soft mints (from nana) for her and her friends and then a label that says "for your friends". And of course cheerios... can't forget those! A disposable camera with her picture on it so her caretakers can take some pictures for us, and an album with her picture, our family picture and then a picture of her GeGe (older brother). The label on the front of her picture says "We love you!". And that we do.
There is also a note in there in Chinese and English that lets the orphanage know that we are her soon to be family and that we will be there to pick her up as soon as we can. It asks that they please begin preparing her for leaving and for our arrival. :) It also asks that they give her a hug and please take care of her until we can get there.
I can't wait. I really can't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet. I have tears in my eyes thinking about you guys meeting her, it is going to be so beautiful. I know she will love her care package. Luv- Fayth

Anonymous said...

so what color did we decide on for her room? and the decorations to go along with the bedding? :) I can't wait. unfortunately, i'm out of the country for a week. you gonna do it THIS monday or next? I'll be in town next monday.

i love you, ac.