Home      Journey to Norah      About Norah      Norah's Referral Photos      Norah's Gotcha Day


Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our Date with Kate...

Kate Gosselin that is. I must admit that although I watch this show, I sometimes question the way that Kate treats her husband and I also wonder at what point she is going to go completely postal....

That being said, I was grocery shopping the other day and noticed that they had flyers up advertising that Kate Gosselin would be at Wal-Mart doing a book signing/meet the author for the families book that was just released called Multiple Blessings. I called Elias right away to tell him this wonderful news... I say that half joking!
J and K plus 8 happens to be one of his favorite shows and you can catch him (and usually I) every Monday night snuggled in bed watching the show. He knows all of the kids names and can recall episodes like nobodies business.

So I call him to tell him the big news and from that day he counted down every single day until she would be here. In the mornings he would say, "Momma, only 6 more days!" And the countdown continued until Friday. He stayed at my moms house Thursday night because he didn't have school Friday and I was working Thursday night.

We got to Wal-Mart about 5:15 to wait in line. Lucky for us, we were about the 30th person to get in line. By the time 7 rolled around the line had wrapped all the way around the store and into lawn and garden. Oh, I forgot to add that when we woke up at my moms house on Friday he said, "Nana, today is the day. Today I am going to meet Kate. Can you believe it??" Seriously.

I had gone to Wal-Mart earlier that day to get the book for her to sign. And gave it to elias when he got home from my moms. We ate dinner really quick and hit the road to meet Kate. Like I said, we stood in line for about an hour and 45 minutes. I finally gave Elias my watch because every 5 minutes he would ask me what time it was. Not such a great idea. I then heard, "Momma, it's 5:45". "Momma, it's 5:46". "Momma, it's 5:47" You get the picture.

FINALLY!!! IT IS 7:00!!!!!!!! Ryan, my next door neighbors boyfriend, came up to see what the fuss was about and soon found himself with a 6 year old on his shoulders craning his neck to see "Kate". yes, they are on a first name basis.

He finally saw her coming down one of the isles and I seriously thought that kis was going to pass out. His face tuned 5 shades of red and these welp things were crawling up his neck. I honestly couldn't help but laugh. Is that bad???

The line moved really fast and then it was Elias's turn. he had rehearsed for days what he was going to say to her and as he approached the table the conversation went a little something like this:

K: Hi! How are you!
E: Hi
(He hands her his book at this point)
E: I love your show (Deer in the headlights look on his face)
K: Well good, I am so glad that you enjoy it!
E: Me and my mom snuggle down and watch your show every Monday night (Deer in the headlights still there...)
K: Well thank you so much! Have a good night!
E: I love your show. Bye! Thank you!

Seriously, I laughed the whole way home.

He woke up the next morning and said, "Momma, can you belive that we met Kate? this is too good to be true."

Wow.




I will laugh at this picture for years to come...












This is where we were in line. Not too bad considering
it was wrapped all the way around the store!!!

4 comments:

wingepr said...

Now that is just too cute. I thought she was going to be at the Christian Book Store in the mall. I didnt know she was going to be at walmart. Glad you guys got to go!

Peggy

Mac said...

Aaah, that is so sweet. Elias sounds like such a sweetheart. How exciting for him!
We've tried to watch the show, but Kate drives DH and I insane... don't tell Elias that!lol

Janet said...

That is so cute :-) I've seen the show over here a few times, and like Mac, Kate drives me insane, so I don't watch too much!
Love
Janet

carolyn said...

Penny,
What a memory he will have. So glad he was able to do this. He is so cute.
Carolyn